Dream Wolf ~ #015 June 2014 Haiga and Haibun for Red Wolf Poems We Wordle Prompt #20
I wake. yet again.
the wolf is there. lapping water. I remember this wolf. I am the wolf. red wolf. black wolf. leaking. eternal grace. beneath. the summer moon. eternal sky.
red wolf. black wolf. each wolf. follows. a line. this border. I cannot see. the sound of tracks. in clay. the shape. of memory. I follow.
red flame. flickering. black shadow. leaping. wood to sky. magic. incarnate. appearing. disappearing. a celebratory cycle. usually. unusually. left to the inhabitants. these natives. of red planet. black planet. red wolf. black wolf.
beneath the inverted bowl. these colors ring. a grandmother sky. feeding. spirit. red wolf. black wolf.
glinting. green. red wolf. black wolf. a reflection. among blue shards. and shattered glass. I fall. crumbling. deep. into an explanation. my sleepless dawn. from this ledge. I wake. yet again.
the sound of color
a distant dream
- 8 x 12 Inches @ 300 ppi
- Digital Drawing and Painting
- Nikon D80 Digital Camera
- Perfect Effects 8
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
- Rosalyn: eternal, cycle, magic
- Jules: grace, moon, celebratory
- Barbara: wake, follows, usually
- Irene: border, natives, incarnated
- Rick1: clay, shape, planet
- Rick2: memory, grandmother, bowl
- Stimmyabby: wood, flame, glinting
My response is in the form of haiga and haibun. Two of the many Haiku and Related Forms in the field of poetry.
- Haibun as I see it is prose or poetry (other than haiku) plus one or more haiku.
- Haiga as I see it is image which includes haiku as part of the image—image and haiku as one work.