Selfie Night ~ #014 June 2014 – Haiga and Haibun for Phoneography Monday: Portraiture Choice
Night Studio ~ Self Portrait
clearly. for most painters. the most available. and probably the most intuitively cooperative. model. is the self. plus. there is very little. mention. of price. or release form formalities.
the selfie. has made use. of this model. quite acceptable. for those who embrace the new.
of course candid self portraits are rare. although occasionally. there is an intensity. a focus. that is on more. than just the self. the eye may be on diverse things. such as the way paint dries. or the texture of paint shrinking. even cracking. or the way different colors. mix. spatter. or run. on paper. or the transparency. opacity. layering quality. value. and depth. of each pigment. and how these qualities can alter. an event. of simple. complexity.
long ago i opted for daylight. or near daylight. lighting. in my studio. night is one of my favored times to paint.
I watch paint
unfold in the night
- 6.5 x 4.5 Inches @ 300 ppi
- Digital Drawing and Painting
- iPad 2
- Top Camera App
- My Sketch App
- Glaze App
- ArtStudio App
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
My response to the Phoneography and Non-SLR Digital Photo Challenge: Choice for Monday June 23, 2014, found on the Lens and Pens by Sally blog.
Below are the Phoneography and Non-SLR Digital Photo Challenge themes for each Monday of the month:
- 1st Monday: Nature
- 2nd Monday: Macro
- 3rd Monday: Black and White
- 4th Monday: Challenger’s Choice (Pick One: Abstraction, Animals, Architecture, Food Photography, Night Photography, Objects, Portraiture, Still Life, Street Photography, or Travel).
- 5th Monday: Editing and Processing with Various Apps Using Themes from the Fourth Week.
Haiga and Haibun are two of the many Haiku and Related Forms in the field of poetry.
- Haiga is image which includes haiku as part of the image—image and haiku as one work.
- Haibun is prose or poetry (other than haiku) plus one or more haiku.