The Long Light Sky ~ #011 June 2014 – Haiga and Haibun for Phoneography Monday: Black and White
from my studio door. energy spent. I step outside. into the faint. mixed. scent. of sand. and sea. flowering weeds. and night jasmine.
a cooling breeze. in the long light. of a summer sky. lingering. silence. descending. shadows build. birds quiet. a few houses down. a dog barks.
a reflection moment.
a first star.
the peace of a planet. in the balance. I whisper to the sky. the sound. of bamboo wind chimes. and a distant bell. I turn toward sleep.
in the long light sky
a breeze at dusk
- 8 x 12 Inches @ 300 ppi
- Digital Drawing and Painting
- iPad 2
- Top Camera App
- My Sketch App
- Perfect Effects 8
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
My response to the Phoneography and Non-SLR Digital Photo Challenge: Black and White for Monday June 16, 2014, found on the Lens and Pens by Sally blog.
Below are the Phoneography and Non-SLR Digital Photo Challenge themes for each Monday of the month:
- 1st Monday: Nature
- 2nd Monday: Macro
- 3rd Monday: Black and White
- 4th Monday: Challenger’s Choice (Pick One: Abstraction, Animals, Architecture, Food Photography, Night Photography, Objects, Portraiture, Still Life, Street Photography, or Travel).
- 5th Monday: Editing and Processing with Various Apps Using Themes from the Fourth Week.
My response is in the form of haiga and haibun. Two of the many Haiku and Related Forms in the field of poetry.
- Haibun as I see it is prose or poetry (other than haiku) plus one or more haiku.
- Haiga as I see it is image which includes haiku as part of the image—image and haiku as one work.