Sugar Cane Candy ~ A Postcard for NaPoWriMo Day 7
where is the palm sugar pace in my rhyme?
the sweetness that takes the long night away
honey that runs wild and free over time
inside or outside where ever I play
nectar that calls out the sunlight divine
bright words that return the long light of day
these are the baubles much more than odd toys
yet still I’ll discount this saccharine noise
Digital Drawing and Painting
- 6.5 x 4.5 Inches @ 300 ppi
- Zen Brush App
- ArtStudio App
- ScratchCam App
- iPad 2
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 6
My response to the National Poetry Writing Month Day 8 prompt “. . . . write a poem in Ottava Rima—a rhyme scheme of a-b-a-b-a-b-a-b-c-c and iambic pentameter” on NaPoWriMo—April 2013.
In essence this is a postcard comment on my ability to write Ottava Rima—with a slight nod toward humor. Clearly Ottava Rima is out of my comfort bubble. Still it’s fun to attempt because it increases my appreciation for those who do it well and with a sense of ease.
Be fun—Write Haiku or other Poetry every day in April – Aloha
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 8 (2voices1song.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013 – Day 8 – Alone. (wordyrappinghood.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo 2013, #8, Ottava Rima (poetry4one.wordpress.com)
- Ottava Rima (maggiemendus.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo (# 8):Prompting a poem… (shomabhagwat.wordpress.com)